• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can I take a not-for-profit company to Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take a not-for-profit company to Court

Transport for Wales.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
    Tags: None

Short answer "yes"

Long answer "why would you?"

Comment

Train issues, entirely the fault of the company, which meant an unexpected taxi charge. They've ignored two weeks of attempts to get the matter dealt with.

Comment

presumably you have exhausted their claims process and complaints procedures.

Don't forget this is Wales, and here we don't have the urgency of England!

Pob lwc

Comment

Do you mean Transport for Wales (which I thought was the government's regulatory body) or do you mean Transport for Wales Train Services (which I thought was the train operating company)? Check you are suing the correct entity.

I assume you've tried Delay/Repay?

I'm not sure whether the national T&Cs for rail travel (can't remember what they're called) exclude claims for consequential loss. I did successfully claim (without suing - just complaining) a taxi fare to catch a plane after a train broke down many years ago, but that was in the days of British Rail, not train operating companies.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X