• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Recommendations for car inspection company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for car inspection company?

Hello - I have been reading the posts on rejecting a car within 30 days. I would like to have an independent inspection carried out on my 8 year old Skoda Octavia which I bought two weeks ago and has clunking noise in clutch and wondered if
    anyone has any recommendations for a company that deals in disputes. I know AA & RAC do pre inspection reports but I believe you have to prove the
    fault existed at the time of purchase. I phone Dekkra but the girl I spoke to said they would confirm if any faults exist but not necessarily be able to confirm if they would have been present at the time of purchase. My local mechanic has looked at it and said def a problem but he may not be considered an independent witness as I know him.
    Tags: None

No engineer can say whether or not a fault is long standing until they have examined the vehicle.

If your local mechanic reckons it was existing at the point of delivery I would suggest you put in motion the process for rejecting the vehicle (or having dealer get it repaired if that is acceptable to you)

Comment

Thanks - I do want an engineer to look at the car but was looking for recommendations for any companies that do this other than Dekra.

Comment

Try these people: http://www.iaea-online.org/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X