• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New home issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New home issues

Purchased a new home December last year have come across many issues most rectified without problem although what we have found should never have past NHBC/Council sign off they have been addressed how ever we have more that are being ignored or denied by the developer since March the developer has refused to communicate with us. This resulted in myself resorting to drastic action in ways probably not best to resolve issues ie social media and notices posted on the house detailing issues. Anyway we got served with a defamation claim by developer for basically telling the truth however as we don’t have the funds to employ a litigation lawyer we complied with their requests at the time now they are unhappy with our negative review on google which I am still considering what to do but my question is would you consider it acceptable to buy a new build with a new kitchen installed to find you dishwasher is sat on timber off cuts as we consider this unacceptable but the builder refuses to address it
    i have other issues and I have an NHBC inspector coming but they won’t be drawn on this issue as it doesn’t form any part of NHBC cover so it looks as if I will have to pursue this legally but wonder if it is actually an arguable point
    Tags: None

I always thought that all dishwashers were equipped with adjustable front legs to enable levelling of the machine.
    Certainly I would find the solution unacceptable, but check first with manufacturers installation instructions (probably available on line somewhere).

Comment

Thank you I hadn’t considered checking the installation instructions. It does have adjustable feet on it. i haven’t looked into how to do as I don’t consider it my responsibility to do so but even if the feet turn out to not be capable of sitting g on the floor this would suggest other problems with in the figment there are also in my opinion better ways to stand it than on three piece of unsuitable timber.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X