• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rejecting a car from a dealership within 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejecting a car from a dealership within 30 days

Hi all,
    I am wondering if someone could advise..

I bought a used vehicle from a dealership, I never seen it advertised online and only seen it when I arrived at the dealership.

I was advised, along with my partner and an independent witness, that the vehicle had 1 owner and full service history, cut a long story short i paid in full on my debit card and took the vehicle.
    Within a few days the vehicle developed faults which I believe should have shown up on the 168 point inspection or new MOT issued, either or.
    A few days after purchase the vehicle log book arrived which showed that the vehicle had 3 previous owners, it is somewhat of a prestigious vehicle and I may not have bought it at the purchase price or at all knowing the true history.

I applied to reject the vehicle within 30 days on the grounds it was not as described (verbally) and to the faults present. The dealership refused the rejection. Many faults have appeared within the 6 month warranty period.

From a legal point of view and within the small claims court, do I have grounds to reject the vehicle? I have read under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that a description can be verbal within this kind of scenario.

Thanks in advance for any reply......
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X