• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Kitchen being installed whilst company is going into administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kitchen being installed whilst company is going into administration

Hi

On behalf of my parents

The quick gist of it is my parents have gone to one of these kitchen suppliers and installers. Not one of the major chains to be clear!

They have picked out a kitchen they like had everything measured etc...

its been about 2 weeks since the builders started work and prepared the kitchen for the arrival of the units today which haven't arrived.

BUT since wednesday 12th they haven't been able to get hold of anyone at the company and the store has been closed since, no messages left outside etc..

They paid a deposit on Amex credit card £3k appx and the rest with Hitachi finance, i think in total less than 20k.

Hitachi have already started taking payments even though kitchen has not been installed or even arrived, upon calling them they tell him that the kitchen company has confirmed with Hitachi that the Job has been completed, but far from it, so my father is currently talking with them and they seem to understand something fishy going on, and have now asked my father for a copy of the agreement he has with them,

Question 1 : where does my father stand with this on getting his money back on the credit card?
    Question 2 : without seeing the agreement what do finance companies such as hitachi capital do in this instance
    Question 3 : what steps should my father take to get his kitchen completed ? he will presumably have to go to another kitchen supplier/wholesaler/installer

Just to be clear the builders are turning up and still doing work such tiles, painting walls, electrics and plumbing, they don't seem to be solely working for this company but as contractors only, and are also in the dark about the total silence and possibly closure of this kitchen company

Understandably they are anxious and stressed and have nothing to make food with even clean clothes... I am helping where i can.

Thanks for your help much appreciated

UPDATE:
    We have just found out that there is a Petition to Wind Up on this company Publication date 10 June 2019. that would explain why no one from this company is answering anything.
    There is a of 2nd July 2019 for the Hearing of the Petition.

Unfortunately all this is taking too long and living conditions without a kitchen is becoming stressful for my parents, especially where money is tied up and the option of getting another kitchen is a no go until this one has been resolved.
    Last edited by the_d_man; 18th June 2019, 08:46:AM. Reason: Updates....

He writes to the credit card company and makes a section 75 claim as the goods paid for have not been delivered.

Similarly complain to Hitachi that the kitchen has not even been delivered never mind completed and again demand any payments back and the agreement cancelled

Yep, it's another supplier unfortunately.

I've just had a kitchen fitted, with an agreement with Hitachi. I hope it's not the people that supplied me that have gone broke!! I know it's advertising but I (well dragged by my wife) went to Wickes and I can't fault their delivery or install. Again by subcontractors.

Comment

thanks for your reply, I think this kitchen company was desperate for money to come in and have told hitachi job has been completed. when in actual fact nothing has really happened apart from the kitchen being stripped

Comment

I was asked to complete and sign a form for Hitachi to confirm completion before they started taking the money. Would be interesting to see who signed the completion confirmation

There could now be a problem with the subcontractors, depending on how they are contracted. I know I had to pay the suggested sub contractors myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          I was asked to complete and sign a form for Hitachi to confirm completion before they started taking the money. Would be interesting to see who signed the completion confirmation

There could now be a problem with the subcontractors, depending on how they are contracted. I know I had to pay the suggested sub contractors myself.
          ohhhhhh that is interesting, my dad certainly didn't sign any completion confirmation form....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X