• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Central Heating Boiler faulty installations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Heating Boiler faulty installations

New boiler not installed according to the manufacturer's (Vaillant) instructions nor in terms of the safety requirements by the Gas Safe ( statutory enforcement body) Indpectore as inspected by the Gas Safe inspector. I gave opportunities for faults to be put right. Appointments cancelled, installer blamed the manufacturer who told me to go back to installer, incorrect rectification of initial faults as evidence by the Gas Safe reinspection. I reported the company to Tradings Standards who gave guidance to company but couldn't enforce the alteration. Can I go to Small Claims Court for breach of contract and claim for time wasted ( note we are retired so can't claim for loss of earning) and which sections of Sale of goods Act that I can quote? Thank you.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Miya View Post
    New boiler not installed according to the manufacturer's (Vaillant) instructions nor in terms of the safety requirements by the Gas Safe ( statutory enforcement body) Indpectore as inspected by the Gas Safe inspector. I gave opportunities for faults to be put right. Appointments cancelled, installer blamed the manufacturer who told me to go back to installer, incorrect rectification of initial faults as evidence by the Gas Safe reinspection. I reported the company to Tradings Standards who gave guidance to company but couldn't enforce the alteration. Can I go to Small Claims Court for breach of contract and claim for time wasted ( note we are retired so can't claim for loss of earning) and which sections of Sale of goods Act that I can quote? Thank you.
    Hi
    Could you give an idea of the failings?
    Is safety of persons or property an issue here? (I'm guessing probably not if GasSafe have been involved.)

which sections of Sale of goods Act......
    Now the Consumer Rights Act 2015

How do I make a complaint about work carried out by a Gas Safe registered business?

If you have a complaint about gas related work carried out by a Gas Safe registered business or engineer you should, in the first instance, contact the business concerned and ask them to correct the problem. However, if the business/engineer fails to respond to your request, please complete the complaint form online and you will be contacted to make arrangements to investigate. Or, if you'd like to provide details over the phone, you can call Customer Services on 0800 408 5500. Please be aware that Gas Safe Register are unable to assist you regarding complaints about non-gas related issues, contractual issues, financial matters or to arbitrate disputes.

Gas Safe Register will investigate complaints that fall within its remit and authority to ensure that any work carried out by the registered engineer/business satisfies the rules of registration and meets appropriate installation standards. Gas Safe Register will provide you with a written report of the findings. In order to make this process as effective as possible and get the work corrected efficiently, the registered business/engineer concerned will be asked to attend the investigation inspection (subject to your consent).

Where work is identifed which falls below the expected standards of registration Gas Safe Register will issue formal notice to the business/engineer to correct the issues that have been identified which are attributable to the business carrying out the work within an expected timescale. You will be made aware of this also.

Failure to correct any installation/defects attributable to the business concerned will attract sanctions against the registered business/engineer in accordance with Gas Safe Register Sanctions Policy.

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/help-and-advice/faqs/
    Last edited by charitynjw; 10th April 2019, 06:19:AM.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X