• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay - Damaged and Missing Items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay - Damaged and Missing Items

Hi,

Just a quick one regarding Ebay.

Bought an item from ebay, delivery was made but due to not being in it was sent to the local depot. I collected the item and it was in a royal mail clear bag and had been damaged, consequently on opening the clear bag up the package was badly damaged and there was nothing inside.

I cant claim from royal mail as i have no contract with them so my solution lies with the buyer in refunding me the money paid. I opened a case to return the item because in theory the package was delivered albeit the contents missing.

So I waited, no response and then let ebay step in. They said i had to return the items, obviously there were no items to return so my only way to get a refund is obtain a incident report from the police confirming that the parcel was delivered with no item. How is this even possible? Also I thought only reports where for criminal matters and this is quite clearly a civil matter.

What should I do? ebay refuse to do anything til i supply them with this report.
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.
    Tags: None

It is the sellers responsibility to ensure goods bought on line are delivered to purchaser. CRA 2015 sec 28

if the seller's name and address is known to you pursue them directly and ignore eBay

Comment

Thanks des,

I thought that would be the case. I’m actually going to go to the police to see if they write and provide such a report. I will pursue the seller for the monies owed.

The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X