• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sold a damaged/faulty fireplace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a damaged/faulty fireplace

I bought a fireplace in summer last year and have the following 2 problems:

1. The fireplace came with pebbles as opposed to coals. These pebbles dis-coloured in a matter of weeks - which they shouldn't. I have sent photos of these pebbles to the store and the guy agrees that they should not have dis-coloured. He said he would get some new ones to me. 8 months later and I do not have these. Every time I Chase this up he just says that he has been out of the office and will 'look into it' - but clearly he is doing nothing.

2. The fireplace has lights in it which are turned on by a sensor on the actual fireplace. When the fireplace came it did not even have this sensor on it! When I have chased his he keeps saying that he will speak to the supplier. Again, I have heard nothing!.

So I have been sold a fireplace with dodgy pebbles and a light sensor that was never provided.

the guy is now not replying to anything I am sending him.

what can I do?

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
    Tags: None

When did you first repost the problem and how, ie was it in writing?

Comment

I rang him initially about the issue on 18th may and I also sent him an email with photos of the damaged pebbles on this day too

Comment

Any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Comment

How much is at stake? in other words ask yourself if it is worth the trouble of pursuing this
          Was the seller a private individual, a sole trader or a limited company?

Your only option now is to send him a headed "Letter before Action", detailing what is wrong and giving him two(?) weeks to correct matters.
          Warn him that if he fails to comply you will initiate a court claim without further notice.

Comment

Well the whole fireplace was around £1,000.00.

it looks awful with the dis-coloured pebbles and the light feature is one, that we paid for, and does not work

Comment

Probably worth pursuing then

Comment

So I need to send a letter before action letter?
                is there a template?

thanks

Comment

Try this :https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...-court-action/

Comment

Thanks

can I email this?
                    or am I better off posting it?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X