• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty used car from dealer - what are my options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty used car from dealer - what are my options?

I bought a used car (Citroen C5) in August from a dealer. A number of serious faults have since arisen.
    • ESP/ASR fault warning light
    • Service warning light
    • No A/C - fan works but no change in temp
    • Dipped headlights not working

Do I have any recourse against the dealer or am I stuck with the cost of repairs? How should I proceed?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

Whether goods are satisfactory or not depends on price paid, age and for cars mileage

However the ESP/ASR fault warning light & non functioning dipped headlight are MOT failures.
    The dealer should repair free of charge and with little inconvenience to you

If your service warning light is on....have the car serviced
    No A/C....(open window???) seriously that will depend on age etc as to whether or not you can require its repair

Comment

Hi,

The ESP/ASR Warning light will probably be a sensor, Citroen and Peugeot throw up fault lights for fun.

The service warning light will mean it needs a service or it's had a service and not been reset

The A/C, did it work when you got the car? I guess you would have noticed being summer, If it did then you have a leak somewhere, can be caused by not using the air con and then the rubber seals shrink.

Dipped headlights, bulbs maybe?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X