• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

breech of contract needed plzzzz for council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breech of contract needed plzzzz for council

hello all its travelgirl here
    i am wondering if anyone knows of a breech of contract i think thats what i mean
    heres the story so far
    my sister phoned me last night upset she has sold her house with the help of dss if i have it right due to her hubby being a poorly man
    he is on the highest you can get in payment the problem is
    they moved into this house that the dss and council lady must agree on and they have neighbours next door who are homeowners BUT they have tried to cause trouble since day one now they have given it a try and this is now 5 months on and the peeps next door are threantning behavour wanting her sick hubby iout for a fight there lil boy keeps going in the garden and stand throwing his ball at my siosters windows the there car then during the night you get there teenage daughters laying on the tramplene shouting and giggleing were naked and wakes my sis and hubby n 2 little sons up tom is 5 sam is 8
    the peeps who live in the same square have told my sister to be careful and try not to answer them as the gent who lived in the house my sister has taken they tourtured him until he died how awful and the lady from the council knew of all whats going on and yet still put my sister in the house after her knowing what went on and what they like
    so it just shows you and the dss want to put a stair lift in my sisters house as well as converting the kitchen into a wet room and they want to build like an xtension for him downstairs and aslo doing a kitchen diner etc so is there any rights she can go by please i have advised her to see or make an appointment with the lady and get some sort of help she want s a moved away also the police has logged a number any help please gratefully
    tyvvm i a

tg

Re: breech of contract needed plzzzz for council

HI TG,

Your post is a little confusing, so could you just clarify a few points? is the following correct?

1. Your sister has sold her house and has been rehoused by the council, presumably on medical grounds due to her husbands illness.

2. She has been rehoused next door to a family, known to the council as prolific bullies, who harrassed the previous tenants?

3. The previous tenant died. I am unsure here if you are accusing the neighbours of some wrongdoing, or if the person in question passed away due to natural causes.

4. The council, presumably in partnership with social services are planning to make major alterations to the property to facilitate the needs of your brother in law?

5. Your relations do not like the area they have been rehoused in, and are looking for some grounds to move?

6. Which contract do you feel may have been breached, and what remedies are you looking for?

Answers to the above will give a clearer picture of what the situation is and possible solutions.

Comment

Hi Emerals
      thankyou so much for your replyin aYour post is a little confusing, so could you just clarify a few points? is the following correct?

1. Your sister has sold her house and has been rehoused by the council, presumably on medical grounds due to her husbands illness.
      yes my sister was rehoused on the grounds of medical i dont understand but somewhere along the line the dss has something to with it as well as the council this is how they got the house medical grounds.

2. She has been rehoused next door to a family, known to the council as prolific bullies, who harrassed the previous tenants?
      yes aparently each tenant who has had the house previously has gone through the same.

3. The previous tenant died. I am unsure here if you are accusing the neighbours of some wrongdoing, or if the person in question passed away due to natural causes.
      now i cannot be sure but as far as my sister has been told they were the cause of the old gentilman death for what they apparently put him throu the lady from the council apparently knew of all this but still offered jane the house.

4. The council, presumably in partnership with social services are planning to make major alterations to the property to facilitate the needs of your brother in law?
      yes

5. Your relations do not like the area they have been rehoused in, and are looking for some grounds to move?
      no they do like it they have done alot to the house they had the men in who stripped it to the bare brick etc etc the lady from the council went to see jane n andy and she could not believe she walked in the same house jane and andy paid with the help of the council and and had the garden adapted with all new fencing as with 2 small boys there was a railway track and trains to and for so they had to get the fencing to stop the boys going near the lines etc
      they only want to move to get away from these neighbours infact the house is now awaiting exchange of contracts but they are serioulsy thinking of withdrawing and going back there..................

6. Which contract do you feel may have been breached, and what remedies are you looking for?
      I was looking for breech of contract or something along those lines as the council lady knew and knows of the problems but still offered jane the house so far she jane has made an apt to see cab, and the housing lady but i am sure there must be some sort of dociment jane can have>

thankyou for your help
      tg

Answers to the above will give a clearer picture of what the situation is and possible solutions.nswer to your Q'S

Comment

I am not an expert on this by any means, however if there is a noise problem then you need to inform the local environmental health dept and make a complaint. I would also log any issue such as them being in your garden and kicking footballs at windows with the police.

There are rights for children to play dont get me wrong, I am a youth worker and Article 31 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child: "1. States Parties recognize the right of the child to rest and leisure, to engage in play and recreational activities appropriate to the age of the child and to participate freely in cultural life and the arts.

That said if their play is causing distress and you can prove this then you need to follow the steps above to deal with them.

I don't know of why the Council might have breached the contract without seeing any contract, however there are laws to protect you from harrassment and laws to protect you from threat and intimidation. The environmental health would ask you to provide evidence as to things like the level of noise caused by the family etc and any physical threat would need to be reported to the police etc.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Tanz

Comment

they only want to move to get away from these neighbours infact the house is now awaiting exchange of contracts but they are serioulsy thinking of withdrawing and going back there..................

I was looking for breech of contract or something along those lines as the council lady knew and knows of the problems but still offered jane the house so far she jane has made an apt to see cab, and the housing lady but i am sure there must be some sort of dociment jane can have>

thankyou for your help
          tg
          Hi,

Tanzarelli has answered mostof your questions on the noise etc. The council won't leav a property empty because there have been problems in the past.
          You mention exchange of contracts, what does this mean? Are the ybuying the house or is it council?

Comment

Very often the police work with the council employee whi is assigned to that area, its usually the amount of calls from that particular area that will action the council to take steps and they do so if asked for by the police.

They may feel it can't only be a neighbour on only one side of the house so they are looking for numerous Call's from others.

Do you have a dispersal order in your area, many people don't know when they are in place.

They are often placed on parks, but the area's they cover are now getting bigger, due to teenage drinking and gathering at shops and street corners.

just a few things you may want to check up on with council and local police.

Comment

TG also hun if I were you I'd advise your sister to keep as much evidence of the harrassment etc as possible, get yourself a note book and start a diary of events and tell your sister to note down EVERYTHING and also to make sure that the council get all the complaints in writing and keep a copy of it all.
              She should also note down any phone calls she makes to the council or the police or anyone else that she makes a complaint to about this family as well.

Comment

IS your sister actually encountering harassment, or is she just aware that there have been problems at the address in the past?

Comment

good morning all
                  tyavvvm for all your comments and replies. ty.
                  here is the update
                  oh firstly no it wasnt noise she was complaining about it was there threatning behaviour towards her and hubby and there teenage daughters 13 yrs old on the trampline laying down with there b/friends shouting in the middle early hours of the morning oh look at us weere all naked and laughing what kind of parents let there teens do this
                  anyway my sister has moved.

they have moved back into there house which they were buying and selling but the sale didnt go through the new buyers changed there minds so they are now on the housing list again but a diffrent area, so all that has been confirmed etc....

they have applied to bt for a line as they were with talktalk bt wants £125 before they get a line etc
                  virgin who they were with at the council house has charged them £175 for disconection fee and just automatically took it out of dissablity left them hardly anything to live on with a hubby and 2 children they told virgin they are going back with them but they have to get a bt line first surely virgin are incorrect doing this but this im not sure about
                  tyvm for all your help
                  hugs
                  TG

Comment

hi is there anything my sister can do
                    thankyou
                    TG

Comment

Apparently, virgin won't charge the disconnection fee if you intend to open a new contract with virgin, otherwise there is nothing that can be done about it.

Comment

TG - I a little confused by your sisters situation.
                        If she was a homeowner, on what basis did the council rehouse her and what basis will they do so in future?
                        I am not sure that moving out of the house was a good idea, without proper legal advice on housing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X