• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN's relating to business vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN's relating to business vehicle

A client of mine has handed me a folder of unpaid PCN's that he contest every one of!

I have started wading through them and most of them look like the vehicle was loading into the place they were working (cleaning firm).

One of them is for parking in a disabled bay with no badge.

The photo my client has given me does show a worn bay and the writing isn't very clear at all.

I wrote to the council stating this and I have received a reply today saying that "The council cannot be expected to keep all lines and writing in pristine condition" now as much as I think my client should pay!! The person who has replied to me is wrong I think.

I thought that the council DID have to keep bays etc in a reasonable (readable) state of repair for the fine to be enforceable?

I know there have been test cases on this but for the life of me I cannot remember where I saw them.

Can anyone help?
    Tags: None

Re: PCN's relating to business vehicle

Yes, it IS the council's job to keep the signs and lines in compliance with the law.
    That's why we pay council tax and business rates ...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X