• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HMRC and the SOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMRC and the SOL

Does the SOL act cover the HMRC? they are pursuing me for £500 for tax going back to 2003/2004 as a sole trader. I have not been in contact with them about this, it has come out of the blue? can they still chase me for it?
    Last edited by Yoda; 19th September 2011, 09:06:AM. Reason: typo
    Tags: None

Re: HMRC and the SOL

HMRC debts are NOT covered by limitations, sorry.
    Saying that it would not be unreasonable to ask for time to pay due to the age of the debt in question.

Comment

Try could try and make an arrangement with them but will HMRC be reasonable here because it is an old debt. They have not been reasonable of late and now they use debt collectors who as we all know are totally useless.

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
      HMRC debts are NOT covered by limitations, sorry.
      Saying that it would not be unreasonable to ask for time to pay due to the age of the debt in question.

Comment

( Sounds of a pot pig been shaken!)

Thanks peeps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X