• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How Can someone own the 'design Right' to Generic Item

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can someone own the 'design Right' to Generic Item

Hi,

I hope I am in the right place to post

I sell on Amazon and have recently started to sell Li-ion Flat Top Batteries

To my surprise my listing has been removed, due to a 'Intellectual Property Complaint'

The individual claims that the own the 'Design Right' to Li-Ion Batteries (Design Right number 6366997)

https://www.registered-design.servic...k/find/6366997

My question is, How can an individual own the Design Right to a generic design type of battery? This type of battery has been used for years by many different companies and is surely owned by no one?
    the IPO have surely made a mistake in registering this? its like some one claiming they own the design right for AAA batteries..
    What can I do to challenge this?

thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Hi Aznclem9

Welcome to LB

I don't know how they obtained the Design Registration, what I would say is, if one didn't exist before, they have just applied for it and it has been granted. I might be wrong. Hopefully there will be more responses.

Maybe ask the department that granted the registration.

Comment

Originally posted by aznclem9 View Post
      What can I do to challenge this?
      https://www.gov.uk/government/public...r-cancellation

Comment

Try changing the title to Lithium Iron Flat Top Batteries
        Other sellers on Amazon are advertising these type of batteries for sale

There has to be a mistake
        The gov.uk registration states the design must be new. The applicant registered the batteries in May 2024. They must have copied the design from somewhere
        Last edited by Pezza54; Yesterday, 18:25:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pezza54 View Post
          Try changing the title to Lithium Iron Flat Top Batteries
          Other sellers on Amazon are advertising these type of batteries for sale

There has to be a mistake
          The gov.uk registration states the design must be new. The applicant registered the batteries in May 2024. They must have copied the design from somewhere
          There are no illustrations / drawings.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X