• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A breach of contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A breach of contract

So the venue I was suppose to be working this weekend they canceled me and my stall (I was selling camping gear)

Can I claim losses against the other party and if so what can I claim off of them

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi JOHNNYWALKER

Welcome to LB

There will be Terms and Conditions regards your employment / stall, what do they say regards 'cancellation'?

What sort of 'notice' do they have to give you (or you have to give them if you can't work)?

Comment

If you want to bring a claim for breach of contract, it helps to know the terms of the contract.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
        Hi JOHNNYWALKER

Welcome to LB

There will be Terms and Conditions regards your employment / stall, what do they say regards 'cancellation'?

What sort of 'notice' do they have to give you (or you have to give them if you can't work)?
        There was no T&Cs. it was a gentlemens agreement set in writing

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
          If you want to bring a claim for breach of contract, it helps to know the terms of the contract.
          I dont know what you mean by terms of contract. If I say i will fix your gutters for a hundrad quid and you say turn up tomorrow and i do then you change your mind but I have made a loss of travel costs and other stuff i had to buy for the job

Comment

This gentleman's agreement that was set in writing: what were the words?
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
              This gentleman's agreement that was set in writing: what were the words?
              With out going though all the emails
              to word it the best I can

My question
              Are you looking for stall holders at your camping festival on such and such a date

There reply
              What kind of things do you sell

My reply
              I sell X, Y and Z

There reply Sure
              Our rent prices are 10% of your takings

My reply
              OK that sound OK

There reply
              Great , you can have a pitch, we will see you there

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
                With out going though all the emails
                to word it the best I can

My question
                Are you looking for stall holders at your camping festival on such and such a date

There reply
                What kind of things do you sell

My reply
                I sell X, Y and Z

There reply Sure
                Our rent prices are 10% of your takings

My reply
                OK that sound OK

There reply
                Great , you can have a pitch, we will see you there
                The other event that i was booked up on (of simular nature) have now said I can not come too bases upon more malicious gossip
                But the difference hear is I paid them 100 quid for the pitch

Comment

But can I put a claim in against them for all the stock I purchased and how do I take them to court?

Comment

I know you talked about the 'Gentlemen's Agreement', but what are their Terms and Conditions?

Check their website.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
                      I know you talked about the 'Gentlemen's Agreement', but what are their Terms and Conditions?

Check their website.
                      there are no T&C

Have a look at there web sites your self i think you will find it is not as formal as you think
                      Weekend Truth Festival (wtfestival.co.uk)
                      Stand In The Light Festival

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X