• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cease and Desist PDO infringement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cease and Desist PDO infringement

Hi There

I am UK based and run a website and associated social media pages about a certain fizzy wine beginning with P. I have had everything running for 12 years. Just before Christmas I received a cease and desist via email not addressed to anyone, stating I have infringed the trademarked PDO and am passing off as them which is not true and I clearly state it is a fan website and page. I have worked and been paid my members of the PDO to promote their products on my website and socials. They are demanding I provide proof I have deleted the domain (which I don't want to do as they will most likely purchase it) and remove any reference to "P". They quote Article 103.

The letter has come from Poland, a company called E Brand. They have a note attached stating that they have the rights from their German head office to pursue cases - not on headed documents just a word doc.

I responded and said I have worked with their members and would like to work with their client for a solution, and they have ignored me and said I am misleading the public and that I must remove or they will contact the domain host. I did not respond and 2 weeks later they have forwarded the same reply.

"Considering the above, the violation is clear and obvious. You exploit the PDO using it on the domain and in general in the website content. This use is clearly misleading. According to the client's will, a complete domain changing and removing misleading content from the website and social media accounts is necessary. Please comply with our request so that there is no need to use more stringent solutions. Otherwise, we will be forced to communicate with Registrar/Host."

The above doesn't make sense as they want me to remove misleading content (there is none) and in the longer details the translation into English is not good - which makes me suspicious.

I have made little money from the site and don't have access to legal advice so any help would be greatly appreciated - and I can provide more info if needed.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X