• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Company Bank Account Names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Bank Account Names

Does a limited comapny's bank account need to be in the name of the name of the company as registered in Companies House?

If, so, please can you say under which law and which clause - Companies Act??

Cheers
    Tags: None

The nearest you will find is s1202 Companies Act 2006.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Cheers
      I wanted to settle up with a company. My bank account did not come with a cheque book but my neighbour told me that if I go into the building society, they can write a cheque on my behalf. The cheque made out to the company name (and I later had confirmed when I checked on Companies House).
      Trouble is they got in touch with me to say that the cheque had not cleared (but it has cleared my account, cos that is what happens when a building society writes out the cheque). They provided me with a couple of attachments to the email to show me that it had not cleared - turns out the name of the account to which they were trying to pay it into is not the company name. Hence the question.

I'd have thought that they would have known this before they tried to cash it....well they probably did tbh

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X