• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Self employed fitter problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self employed fitter problem

Hello all,

im after a bit of help/advice if possible. I知 self employed as a floor layer and I知 on a large residential new build job. I took on a fitter to help with the volume of work and was really good for the first couple of months, I had to keep an eye out but overall was ok.

I have since had to let him go as he had a list of snagging issues that he never wanted to attend to and he had laid vinyl wrong in three rooms when I was off work Ill, but to make things worse he had scratched and cut all the skirtings in two rooms whilst fitting. All of which I have pictures of and have told him that we are going to be charged.

he is still demanding his money and is starting to threaten for it now. I have been told damage and materials are going to cost around 」1500 to fix/supply and I only owe him 」500.

I don稚 know where I stand with this legally?

thanks

Dan
    Tags: None

The likelihood is that you are obliged to pay the man's wages in full and without deduction. Sorry.

If you think otherwise, does your employment contract cover the situation?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Was the fitter your employee or your sub-contractor|?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X