• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small business being copied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small business being copied

Hi,

I have just registered a Partnership selling clothing that myself and a friend set up in April as we are now starting to get a few sales. We purchased a domain name and set up an etsy store and socials in April with the intention of running the website when sales get to a reasonable volume.

While registering I happened to come across another clothing business on social media that has recently set up in the same name as us, their intro to the business is also very similar. I can't see that they are registered other than a domain name and know the person lives locally to us.

We would really appreciate any advice about the best way to proceed as we have put a lot of work into this so far.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

"While registering": are you sure the other business wasn't there first?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hi Atticus, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, when we first registered our domain names etc in April we spent a lot of time looking to ensure it was unique. Naively we should have registered with company house at the time, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and we didn't know where it would go then.

The new business purchased their domain 6 months after us and had no online presence before September. Their bio is very similar to ours and they also live locally.

Comment

Try to restart with a different name.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X