• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buying Gold Coin Assets to Avoid Corporation Tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Gold Coin Assets to Avoid Corporation Tax

Hi,

My wife and I are both directors/shareholders in a limited company.
    I was just wondering, what would the limited company from buying gold coins as assets to reduce corporation tax and dividend tax?
    The idea is that we buy these every year - hence us avoiding the 40% tax rate for that year.
    When we retire - say in 10 years' time - we could shut down the company and pay Corporation tax/dividend tax at that time.

Can anyone see anything wrong in us doing the above?

Thanking you for your reply.

Tags: None

Have you consulted your accountant?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Have you consulted your accountant?
      Hi,

Yes, he sees no problem.
      I was just worried about some of the things I had read as to how HMRC may look at the situation - hence, my post for some advice.

Comment

Your accountant is (a) a professional adviser and (b) insured. Or do you prefer what unknown people on the internet may say?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X