• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dispute Customer and service provider for photography business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispute Customer and service provider for photography business

Hi,

I run a small business photography service. I did a photoshoot for a client for £60 an hour and sent him 1200 photos. He choose 100 out of 1200 and I requested him to select 50 for editing. He's not bit happy about some of my photos and he is looking for extensive editing which I said I can't make it as it takes a lot of time and for the £60 its not worth doing it and I said I will do color correction.

Finally I can't finish the work because of the stress from the customer and I repaid the £60 to my client. Its just an outdoor photo and not like an event. I even agreed to give edited photos for free and offered my service for free.

But my client was not happy and he wants to take legal action again my business and expecting £400-£500 for loss of good memories. He was saying Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the compensation is based on that. Not sure what memory I have destroyed its just a outdoor photo and I repaid the money too with edited images.

There is no legal contract signed between us and no agreement was made in written as I can guarantee that the photos will be as per their expectation.

Can I please know if I am still liable for this and will I be taken to court if he proceeds legally?

I have all the proof that I have repaid and sent him the edited photos but he is threatening me that I need to do an extensive editing of all the photos.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

Do nothing.

Such contracts are a hiding to nothing. People have an idealised version of their events. Your photos cannot recover that ideal version of events.

People are used now to photos being photo-shopped. They can do so much themselves that they expect the impossible from you.

I doubt very much that there is a category of damages 'loss of good memories', though one or two others might come close.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X