• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Public Liability Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Liability Insurance

I live in a small cul de sac of 5 brand new houses and we are all responsible for the roads maintenance. I am director of a non profit Limited company to organise this and we each have one share. The road is in good repair, but I have organised Public Liability Insurance but two households refuse to pay. I have reminded them twice and they have not responded. They are now accusing me of a dereliction of duty for not organising Public Liability Insurance and are going to have me removed as director.

This is just one of a long history of trouble making by these people, but do they have a case?
    Tags: None

Maybe, but on what you say it does not appear to be a strong case.

Is there a good reason for you not to let them take over the running of the company if they think they are so good at it?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Maybe, but on what you say it does not appear to be a strong case.

Is there a good reason for you not to let them take over the running of the company if they think they are so good at it?
      There is plenty of evidence that one household in particular, are just out to control our lives. They have tried to take over before and gave a list of their intentions and those of us who said no, have been bullied ever since, including post going missing, matter thrown over my fence, attempts to take over a small strip of grass that belongs to me, attempts to force their way through my front door and endless hysterical letters designed to make us panic.

The majority of us decided not to let them have any more power than their one share each, gave them. We also believe that they intend to use being in charge as a way of making money out of us.

Comment

You should be aware that if things are left as they are it will be increasingly difficult to sell any house on the street. That includes your and the dissenting neighbours houses. It cannot be left as it is.

Talk to them. If the properties are new build, none of you can have been there long. Organise a meet up of all five houses.

Comment

You say that you have organised Public Liability Insurance. That should be easy to prove.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by dslippy View Post
            You should be aware that if things are left as they are it will be increasingly difficult to sell any house on the street. That includes your and the dissenting neighbours houses. It cannot be left as it is.

Talk to them. If the properties are new build, none of you can have been there long. Organise a meet up of all five houses.
            They are so rude and unpleasant it will be difficult. I could suggest a zoom meeting. How about if myself and the other 2 property owners just pay for it between us.

Comment

If you have not in fact arranged insurance then do so (and pay the premium) at once!

Comment

Set up a system of accounting which supplies service charge schedules to each road user. Pay the premium, and send a copy of the bill and the appropriate demand for payment to every member.

That goes alongside the need to talk. Zoom calls can be a good start.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X