• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

con artist marketing company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• con artist marketing company

Hi all,

paid £600 for a marketing company to advertise for me through their sales process.

Then spoke to someone from their 'on boarding' team who told me what they do and how they do it. I told them that this isnt what I want and want to cancel and have a refund.

They said as theyve sent me a 'proposal' (which is a bog standard template) that I am now locked in and have to go ahead with 3 months contract.

I haven't signed any T&C's and neither have they sent me any contracts? They did ask me to sign a contract though.

Company is called ppcleads.com

Thanks

Tags: None

What makes you think a proposal is not a contract? So long as the correct language is in the proposal document, it can very much be a legally binding contract. You also don't need terms and conditions for a contract to be legally binding either.

Did you take the time to read what the proposal actually said or did you sign away? The fact you have paid them £600 already suggests to me there is more to it than you might think, the question is whether they can hold you to 3 months.

If you haven't read the proposal, I suggest you do so very carefully and find out what it says, how long you are tied into this supposed contract and what you need to do in order to get out. Most B2B contracts require you to give some kind of notice and if you don't comply, it could roll over for another fixed period so be mindful of that.

If it's not in the proposal, then check the contract you were asked to sign as I'm sure somewhere it will likely have incorporated some terms and conditions.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

A bog standard template can contain contract terms.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

dangar786 How did this turn out for you? I'm having an issue with the same company. I'm locked in too (apparently) but what they are delivering does not resemble what I initially requested from them as a service. Very reluctant to send them a further payment.

Comment

I'm also having the same experience with this company, also very reluctant to send them a further payment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X