• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stolen / Lost Parcel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen / Lost Parcel

Hi

Can anyone advise me if I have any rights regarding an expensive parcel that has gone missing. Essentially I sent a parcel with a total value of just over £800 with a 24hour courier (via a company that offers multiple couriers) and have been told that as I didn't sign up for extra insurance, that they will only pay up £25. My argument is that I didn't add the extra (expensive) insurance as I understood that to be if the courier company lost or damaged the parcel - in fact what happened is that the recipient was out when the courier called, so they left the parcel in a communal bin area and considered that taking a photograph of it in that area constituted delivery. My argument is that they failed to deliver the parcel to the address as contracted and that they should accept full liability for the parcel going missing from that place as it was clearly an unsuitable place to leave it. Am I naive in expecting this? And is there any point in taking this any further? Or should I just accept it and swallow the loss?

Any advice would be most welcome.
    Tags: None

Hi Marvin001

How did you pay for the 'expensive item'?

Comment

what do the courier's T&Cs say about delivery?

Comment

there is such a thing as the indicated value of the parcel, usually according to international rules, if the parcel is lost, then its declared value is reimbursed when filling out the documentation + shipping cost .... did you indicate how much it costs when sending?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X