• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forced closure less than 24 hours notice gym please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced closure less than 24 hours notice gym please

Hi there, my name is fazz Khamlichi. Legends health and fitness.
    Unit 9 Durban business centre
    Durban road
    Bognor Regis
    Po22 9fp

Landlords petchey industries.

A quick tdlr.

During 2021 lockdown my gym went into arrears. We had contact with landlords agent, Richard Evans,
    We explained about the restart grant and would be sufficient to clear all arrears...
    The agent was satisfied...but broke.contact and ignored around 6/7 emails i sent asking to resolve the matter, ....

Then in the post August, we recieved a notice to quit from the landlords, I called the agent he picked up, and stated the lease had the break clause activated due to rent arrears does or did the coronavirus business eviction law, cover us or superceed a break clause, I will attach draft lease which is the same as hard copy we sent back signed.

The agent said if I clear the debt then they will talk about continue the lease, I cleared it immediately, and then agent broke contact again.nothing new they only contact for money ... "I assumed" issue sorted. We continue as normal.

Come 6 months later, I get a phonecall Jan 11, saying the lease is finishing, but we may stay if we sign another lease with new terms. and can stay trading in the unit under a t.a.w agreement see attached,

Terms came with a 25% increase in deposit up from 7.5k. to 10k +vat.
    And rent increased 25% up from £1760 per month. Over £500 monthly more.
    Current rentable value was cited,

Knowing we have only just reopened, and being a gym still suffer huge losses and not gotten back up to speed yet let alone another increase,
    Is the code of practice for commercial landlords of any effect here, ?
    It does state no business should have to take on more debt or restructure,
    Does this bill supercede what's being done to me by my landlords ?

The situation has been manipulated by the landlords to get grants out of me to pay rent. But then price us out, knowing we are STILL feeling the effects of covid,
    However also the agent has marketed the unit to someone privately whilst awaiting a reply on terms from us. And they have agreed terms with them he said, if we could not agree terms they would accept the other parties offer,

Up until Monday just gone we were in contact regarding a new lease, negionating,
    However the agent was not awnsering any actual questions, he then doesn't reply from Monday to Thursday morning and sends an email terminating our t.a.w and giving us a final trading day of the same date.. 10/3/22,
    Email attached in screenshot.
    Then overnight they had bailiffs come in change the locks. So we have no entry and asking us to remove equipment by a certain date see pics attached.

We have had under 24 hours notice, they are holding £15000 in deposit for unit 8&9 unit 8 is already leased now, but are still holding the deposits saying the whole amount is kept to cover dilapidations on unit 9,

But we cannot return the unit to pre let state as they have changed the locks, we have had no time to tell our members as a gym. Or move on /sell the equipment.

I will attach draft lease,
    T.a.w
    Termination email.
    And the bailiff notice left at the gym.

I would like to know where I go from here r.e safeguarding my deposit. And gaining access to my, and members equipment and personal effects.

Please advise... I am desperate.
    ​​​​

Many thanks f.khamlichi.
    I cannot attached his email taw or lease due to permission

Tags: None

Hi Fazz

Can you edit / remove names in your post.

I can't add much, but it sounds unfair.

@des8

https://www.lawble.co.uk/breach-of-a...%20the%20lease

Comment

How do I edit, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Fazz3650 View Post
        How do I edit, sorry.
        On the right, you have the 'Thank Post', just follow that along, Edit on same border.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

On the right, you have the 'Thank Post', just follow that along, Edit on same border.
          Ahhhh I see it for my reply but it's.not there for my main post, can an admin help please. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fazz3650 View Post

Ahhhh I see it for my reply but it's.not there for my main post, can an admin help please. ?
            O.K. I'll flag it up.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X