• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to sell shares in a privately held company?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sell shares in a privately held company?

I was an early employee at a startup that has since grown significantly. I own a large number of shares in the company, and now wish to sell them. Unfortunately, the company has no plans for an IPO, and the only option I've found is to sell my shares back to the company at a price they dictate. I think there might be interest by external investors in buying these shares, but have no idea how to make that happen. Are there any companies that specialize in this sort of trade, and if so, where can I go to find information about them?
    Any help figuring this out would be welcome.
    P.S. I have verified with my startup company that my shares are unrestricted, and can sell my shares to external parties if I wish.

Tags: None

Originally posted by jiwneun View Post
    I was an early employee at a startup that has since grown significantly. I own a large number of shares in the company, and now wish to sell them. Unfortunately, the company has no plans for an IPO, and the only option I've found is to sell my shares back to the company at a price they dictate. I think there might be interest by external investors in buying these shares, but have no idea how to make that happen. Are there any companies that specialize in this sort of trade, and if so, where can I go to find information about cinema hd them?
    Any help figuring this out would be welcome.
    P.S. I have verified with my startup company that my shares are unrestricted, and can sell my shares to external parties if I wish.

Solved.

Comment

You have several options to sell shares in a privately held company. Investopedia says: "The simplest solution for selling private shares is to approach the issuing company and ask how other investors liquidated their stakes. Some private companies have buyback programs, which allow investors to sell their shares back to the issuing company." If you do a UK and italian company search, you will notice in the former most companies are private, while in the latter public. Also, see the comprehensive article on smartasset.com about selling shares in a private company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X