• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Invoice due date?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoice due date?

Hello,

I received an invoice from a contractor on the 11th Jan dated 6th January, with a 14 days payment terms.

Is the 14 days term from the date on the invoice or the date I received it?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Paquito - please see my response to your original thread.

There are a number of ways to deal with this but that depends on how big your friends are and how psychotic the joiner is!!

Option 1 - Pay in full and put in down to experience.

Option 2 - Maybe try calling him, telling him that you will pay early for a discount. That way you do not bring any attention to the problems that you have had with his service. He will think you are a good payer (don't burn any bridges, unless you know lots of joiners) and you will have got your discount, win:win. You could also add in that there are one or two things that you are not quite happy with but are willing to overlook in return for a discount.

Option 3 - Dig your heels in and say the service was terrible and the finished product not what you expected or paid for. If the joiner is psychotic this could end in violence and is where you need big friends!! Whilst the law is a wonderful thing, it will not save you from people who want to do you harm, especially those who believe they are owed money and do not care about the consequences of their actions. However, if the joiner is a businessman as well as a tradesman, then he ought to be prepared to listen to your complaints and action accordingly. Word of mouth and public opinion are strong allies so this could either lead to more work for him or conversely less work depending on the outcome.

You have the law on your side but if all you are after is a few quid off the price, I'd go for option 2.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X