• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contract for Supply of goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract for Supply of goods

Sorry this may not be the correct forum for this but I am looking to see where I stand legally.

I have a contract for £x for the supply and installation of windows and a front door to a property I am renovating.
    The windows have been supplied but the front door has not. It has been months I was unable to contact the company for a very long time. They are still trading away and frankly very busy. I was told that they quoted me £x amount but the price of the door has now increased for them to purchase and they won’t make any money so they are not going to supply or fit it. I have not paid the full amount of the works yet.

I have a contract from this company that says they will carry out this work. If it was the other way around and I refused to pay I am sure they would happily chase me down for the funds.

Where do I stand ?
    Tags: None

Hi Builder87

You are covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the fact that prices might have gone up isn't your problem.

Amend / send the following letter, make sure you get Proof of Postage. Only communicate in writing.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...-quality-work/

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...k-aWG3g5O4RZCh

You could also consider contacting CAB / Trading Standards, as there might be other complaints.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X