• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How should I structure this? Maybe a dumb way to start a business with 45 people

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I structure this? Maybe a dumb way to start a business with 45 people

A few friends of mine, totaling 5 people including me, want to start a restaurant and trying to get other 40 friends and family to join in.

The 5 of us are looking to be pouring the majority of the funds, let's say it requires $1 million to start, we will be funding $800,000 to start and any other additional cost in the future.
    The other 40 of them will be pitching in $5,000 as a silent partner or whatever that should be called, which we wanted them to be able to join solely as beneficiaries, meaning they will get some profit sharing and no need to chip in for any future costs to run the business at all.

Since the legal side seems very complicating like we are crowdfunding and so no. We thought of asking them to "donate" the money into the business but it seems not very comfortling for some and we dont want that. We thought of asking them to sign a declaration of trust, but we are not sure how this is done.

Thanks for any advice!
    Tags: None

This is a UK site so you won't get advice unfortunately but good luck with your venture!

Comment

So if was UK I would start a company and let the those interested purchase shares. . When you start making a profit then you start paying dividend on the shares.

In the UK you can start a company for a few pounds, I don't know the cost, or ease, of incorporation in the USA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X