• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small Business Grant Fund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Business Grant Fund

I'm new to the forum so "Hello everybody!"

Anyway, down to the nitty gritty...

We are having some problems with a local authority releasing our grant.... and further difficulties trying to find the legislative framework that enabled this scheme! There doesn't seem to be any mention in the Coronavirus Act 2020 and Finance Act 2020 (save for s.106 FA but this only touches on taxation of the grants). I've also checked SIs and treasury directions to no avail.

Has anyone here any idea at all the framework of these grants?

(for clarity this is the £10,000 grant linked to small business rates relief eligibility)

Thank you very much in advance!
    Tags: None

When did you apply for it as there is a time limit which will have expired by now.

Comment

In this case the time of application isn't a problem, but it does raise an interesting point - some LAs have stated an application deadline of 28 August 2020 - but where did this date come? And was there even a legal requirement to submit an application in any event?

Comment

It was up to the ratepayer to claim, it was not automatic. You had to be the named ratepayer on 11 March 2020. Read more @ https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if...ess-grant-fund

The Council would have told you when the closing date was and what information they need to establish you qualified. I submitted mine to my local Council and had the money in the bank 5 days later.

Comment

Thanks for the replies but it's not really relevant to the question I asked. Just to be clear I am looking for the legislative framework to this process

Comment

If you want to look it up then no doubt it will be included in the Local Government Finance Act following the Chancellors announcement in his Budget statement.

Comment

This is where I thought it would be (see my OP) and hence was my first port of call... but save for a mention on taxation at s.106 I can't for the life of me see it anywhere else

Here's the link:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...ntents/enacted

Comment

This may help

business-support-grants-funding-schemes-local-authorities-guidance-v6.pdf

Comment

That's a good summary of the law but it doesn't actually provide the source of what it is summarising, which is odd...

Comment

I think to get a definitive answer you may have to ask those in the know at the Council or Dept of Business or whatever it is called these days.

Comment

I think you're right a call to the BEIS is on the cards. Thanks for your help

Comment

Just don't let them tie you up with gobbledigook.

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X