• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Corona virus covid 19 small business rate grant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona virus covid 19 small business rate grant

Ok so I have purchased a property which has no business rates. The contracts were exchanged on the 6th but the keys were not handed to me until the 23rd. Boris later that day announced only essential businesses could open. It was an carpet shop and I would like to run it as a* carpet shop under a different name. I feel I have been effected more due to the crisis than previous owner as they have sold up.

The previous owners have had an letter the qualify for the grant.
    I want to know where i stand i have emailed stockton on tees council but have not had an reply yet.
    Tags: None

Most details for these grants and application forms are on the local Council websites.

Comment

This is the response from the council.

Good afternoon Mr ....

Further to your emails and our communication be telephone I would advise that you will not be eligible for the small business grant. Guidance received from central government states that those eligible are:

‘Businesses that were in receipt of Small Business Rate Relief or Rural Rate Relief as of 11 March will be eligible for the Small Business Grants Fund.’

As you were not the legal owner as at this date you will not qualify to receive any grant payment.

Is there anyway I can appeal this?

Comment

So whose name were the Business Rates in on 11 March 2020?

Comment

The pandemic just killed small businesses

Comment

Covid-19 makes so many problems...I'm so sorry

Comment

Maybe you should ask the previous owner what was the particular reason why the business didn't go well and get some answers. I can recommend you change the property or perhaps you can develop it online, since the Covid numerous of people stay home and are on Internet practically all the time. Here's the site https://onlinebizbooster.net/ when you can learn how to deal with online business and maybe this way will help you not to repeat the experience of the previous owner and to promote what you're doing now.

Comment

The Small Business Grant Fund, the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants and Local Authority Discretionary Grants which ran through the initial lockdown period have now largely expired. bitlife pc jiofi.local.html

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X