• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Petition to wind-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition to wind-up

*My soon to be ex husband has received a Petition to Wind Up from HMRC. I am a 22.5% shareholder in the company and former director. When I asked to see the company accounts and bank statements I was removed as a director without my knowledge. In October I received a letter from the accountant stating that I was entitled to a dividend payment of £30,000. My ex then told me there was no money to pay it. I have seen the bank statements as part of my divorce proceedings. He has used the company account like a current account. over 90% of the spending is his personal spending that he say's form his dividend payment. He only has 27.5% of the shares. Neither myself nor the other shareholder (50%) have ever received any dividends. He has now received a petition to wind up from HMRC, the hearing is this Wednesday and he is not attending, claiming he has an agreement. He has set up a new company under virtually the same name with himself and his fiance as directors and shareholders. He claims HMRC are allowing him to do this to pay his outstanding (6 figure) tax bill. I believe that he has also transferred the lease of his lamborghini and range rover to the new company. can someone advise me if he has broken any laws and are there any ramifications for me? Thank you.*
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X