• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sold a Watch customer damaged the watch and now threatening to sue me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a Watch customer damaged the watch and now threatening to sue me

Hi I need some advice, please if I am in wrong section of the forum could you please point me in the right direction*

He admitted that he wore it in a sauna in his 1st message* and also he took to a mate in Dawsons Jewelers* in Dublin*

Thanks in Advance*
    Primaxuk*

This guy is threating to sue me for destroying a watch I sold at a good discounted price and he wore in a Sauna which you should never do*

ok below is the entire process from offer to delivery*

Sold a watch Azimuth JAGDBOMBER Pilot Watch

to Christopher*bardin requested a Trusted Checkout offer. Buyer's suggested price 1,000*€

Item price £1,250.00
    Shipping costs £30.00

Total price £1,280.00
    will pay today

08:06
    You've sent a Trusted Checkout offer.

Item price £842.00
    Shipping costs £30.00

Total price £872.00
    09:38*

Hi. Christopher, thanks for your order you got a really good deal enjoy

09:40*

christopher bardin accepted your offer.

Item price £842.00
    Shipping costs £30.00

Total price £872.00
    16:22

The buyer has paid for the item.
    16:24

Hi. Christopher, thanks for your order it has missed the cut off time for shipping today and Ups does not deliver at the weekend so it will be shipped on Monday Morning. I will get the watch ready for shipping I will take pictures while I am packing it and also of it being handed over to the courier, and then I will upload photos onto the Chrono24 website ,so you can see it for yourself, your watch will be shipped by UPS on express service which will need to be signed for when it arrives with you. I also will keep you up to date on your watch journey.

17:41*

thank you it does not have far to go as i am in Dublin

18:55
    Translate
    Hi, Christopher, yes I know but believe it or not the last two watches I sold I sent to Dublin they fly to the to Koeln in Germany to main International sorting Hub and i know it crazy but that what they do it will be sent by express so you should get by Tuesday I will send you the Tracking details and you can see for yourself. Have a good weekend

19:28*

if you like send registered post and they give a tracking number

12:36
    Translate
    Hi, Christopher, sorry I lost a Watch in Austria Cost that loss cost me well of £1500 so I send all my stuff fully insured by UPS Capital and i have had no problems since and all the post office compensation pays only the costs but anyway you will have it soon knowing that goes missing in transit we both covered. Have a good Weekend

13:35*

no problem

17:01
    Translate

i have a DE GRISOGONO QUAD RATIO FUSO 18CT SOLID GOLD would you have a customer for it its a 45k watch new i will take 17k for it leaving plenty of profit for you .i am going to newry tomorrow if you would like to view it you can google the model

17:05
    Translate
    Hi thanks for the offer but not for me all the best with the sale

17:59*
    You've shipped the order.
    10:29*

10:30*

10:30*

Hi, Christopher as promised that's the pictures of your watch be packed it is now on its way I will keep you up to date on its journey.

10:31*

thank you hope we deal again

11:19
    Translate
    Yes, hope we can do some business in the near future.

11:50*

Out for Delivery 19/11/2019 6:48 Dublin, Ireland Out for Delivery 19/11/2019 6:48 Dublin, Ireland Import Scan 19/11/2019 5:40 Dublin, Ireland Arrival Scan 19/11/2019 5:25 Dublin, Ireland Departure Scan 19/11/2019 4:37 Koeln, Germany Departure Scan 18/11/2019 23:45 Koeln, Germany Arrival Scan 18/11/2019 21:27 Castle Donington, United Kingdom Departure Scan 18/11/2019 20:30 Castle Donington, United Kingdom Arrival Scan 18/11/2019 19:34 Newtownabbey, United Kingdom Departure Scan 18/11/2019 17:22 Newtownabbey, United Kingdom Export Scan 18/11/2019 17:22 Newtownabbey, United Kingdom Origin Scan 18/11/2019 13:10 Newtownabbey, United Kingdom Collection Scan 18/11/2019 10:38 Newtownabbey, United Kingdom The UPS Access Point™ location has prepared the package for return to UPS or pickup by UPS. Past Event Shipped 18/11/2019 10:38 Newtownabbey, United Kingdom Drop-Off Past Event Label Created 18/11/2019 9:47 United Kingdom Order Processed: Ready for UPS

08:30*

The order has been delivered.
    12:00

WATCH DELIVERED THANK YOU

12:11
    Translate
    Hi, Christopher thanks for letting me know and enjoy your watch, that was quicker than I thought. I would just like to Thank you again and hope you enjoy your watch also Chrono24 will ask you to rate me on the customer service I provided you with and could I also ask you if your Friends or Family are looking for a watch could you please recommend Wilson Watches.

12:22*

will do

22:26
    Translate
    Thanks

22:32*

HI I wore the watch for the first time saturday I went to my gym for a sauna amd the watch fogged up front and back i brought it to my friend in dawson jewellers and just by looking at it he said the seals are gone and the watch will now have to be taken apart to dry out all the moisture and then serviced .It will cost 450€ this watch is in bad shape and i wish to return it regards CHRIS

10:40
    Translate

12:57*

any news on pickup regards CHRIS

05:59
    Translate
    Display as e-mail

Mediation requested
    10:24

Hi, Chrono24 will be in touch with you dew to the damage you caused to your watch by taking it into a Sauna. Kind regards Peter Wilson

10:41*

you conned me into a good review when you rang me and offered to take the watch back if i gave you a good review . I CAUSED NO DAMAGE TO THE WATCH THE WATCH WAS NOT SEALED. THIS IS DUE TO A BAD SERVICE ON YOUR BEHALF . I will be explaining all this to chrono 24 and changing my review and on face book and google and trusthouse

12:16
    Translate

You've received an e-mail from Chrono24. Please check your personal inbox.
    13:08

Good afternoon Chris when I called Chrono24 re the refund of the watch and they read your message about taking into a sauna they said that what caused the damage to your watch so after that I googled the subject and found a lot of companies and statements about not taking a watch into a sauna that includes any watch it doesn't matter what the depth the watch can go down to its the fact the taking a watch which made from metal into a sauna Metal expands when heated and the contracts when cooled and also the watch was only rated for 3 ATMS which only water-resistant not waterproof. I then Contacted Azimuth Watch Company and asked them about taking a watch into a Sauna and you can see from the email they sent me in the last paragraph they state below Moreover, we do not advise anyone to bring any watch to sauna regardless of water-resistant ratings as this will accelerate gaskets aging and cause the watch to lose its water-resistant capability earlier than intended. So Chris when I called you on Sunday I did not conn you into any review I was not aware at that stage what damage could be done to watch taken into a sauna. Kind regards Peter Wilson

Dear Peter Thank you for owning an Azimuth watch. Pertaining to your question, please note that we can ascertain water-resistance of the watch only by physical inspection of the gaskets. As you might be aware, the gaskets are made of rubber and also nylon material and will harden over time. At this moment we do not know the condition of your watch and thus we do not advise exposing your watch to water elements. Moreover, we do not advise anyone to bring any watch to sauna regardless of water-resistant ratings as this will accelerate gaskets aging and cause the watch to lose its water-resistant capability earlier than intended. We hope this info helps. Giuseppe Azimuth Watch Sàrl +41 79 765 14 66 rue des Draizes 5 CH-2000 Neuchâtel gpi@azimuthwatch.com www.azimuthwatch.com

13:25*

This 1st statement on Google when i asked should you wear a watch In a sauna A short answer is no, a watch cannot handle the heat in a sauna. You should take it off before entering. This applies even to expensive watches like Rolex or Apple and it goes without saying that your cheap watch most likely will be ruined if you expose it to the heat of a sauna.24 May 2019 Kind regards Peter Wilson

13:35*

metal starts to expand in heat from 150 to 300 degrees this is a B.S. answer i have worn rolex cvstos de grisogono all in the sauna and no problem . Make no mistake i will sue you and your company i have over a hundred watches and use most of them in saunas swimming pools and no problems. You have picked on the wrong person with this lame excuse

15:41
    Translate

17:50*
    Today

The watch has been sent to a top Dublin watch maker .A report is been compiled and as for i know at present the seals were perished on the watch and this is the main problem with moisture getting into the watch This report will be sent to my solicitor when finished and costs added to my claim You will be notified in due course

18:49
    Translate
    Dear Mr. Bardin, We regret to learn the circumstances with this transaction. If you're unsure about whether you want to keep the watch, please be aware of the following: You can cancel the purchase and request to return the watch within 14 days of delivery. If the watch arrived in the condition described by the dealer, you will be responsible for the return costs. Please take a look at the return terms and conditions under "Consumers' revocation rights" located in our General Terms of Sale. Important: Please be aware that you may have to bear a loss in value of the purchased object if the dealer receive the watch back in a different condition as it was shipped to you in first place. The dealer receives a copy of this message. Do you have any further questions? We'd be glad to help. Kind regards, Your Chrono24 Team Fon: +49 721 96693900

19:06*

This is now not the issue .Previous txt says the damage i caused to the watch .I caused no damage to this watch a full refund was promised and then B.S. excuses

19:36
    Translate
    Maybe better talking to Chrono24 Kind regards Peter Wilson

20:03*

Did that already they are staying out of it .You sold a watch that was not fit to wear and do its job .As i said see you in court and it will cost a lot in the end

20:21
    Translate

Please stop contacting me this is now a legal matter

20:25
    Translate
    What does 3 ATM on a watch mean? ATM is an acronym for Atmospheric pressure. The following is taken from Water Resistant mark - Wikipedia. Resistance to 3 atm or 30 meters, suitable for everyday use; splash and rain resistant. Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkeling, water related work, fishing, and diving. Kind regards Peter Wilson

20:49*

Sauna is dry heat not moist .So if i wear a watch in Saudi in 140 degrees it will mist up B.S now stop just leave it .It will be sorted
    Tags: None

Hi*
    If you can't reach an out of court settlement, there's not a lot to be done until court papers arrive.

Just one point to note:
    a quick google shows humidity levels in a dry sauna are 5-10% ... in Saudi Arabia 55%
    A wet sauna is more correctly called a steam room

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Hi
      If you can't reach an out of court settlement, there's not a lot to be done until court papers arrive.

Just one point to note:
      a quick google shows humidity levels in a dry sauna are 5-10% ... in Saudi Arabia 55%
      A wet sauna is more correctly called a steam room
      Thanks, he had watch up for sale on another website at double the price I sold to him so he was fine with his purchase before he took into a sauna he was offered to send it back but did not then just start threating to sue me

Thanks, Primaxuk

Comment

just keep a screen shot of that!

Comment

Thanks, I have Des
          Last edited by Primaxuk; 11th December 2019, 15:31:PM.

Comment

That's what happens in sales. The client is always right. But sometimes that's how clients take out the brain.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X