• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Copyright/Trademark Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright/Trademark Issue

Hi All,

We own a small business who manufacture fibreglass vehicle parts.

We generally create our own parts from scratch, however, a customer approached us with another company's lip and asked us to repair it and modify it. We did this and made a number of changes to the item and then used this to create a mould to produce the new part for the customer.

We have since been contacted by the company who produced the original lip stating we are breaking copyright and trademark laws. We haven't sold this lip to anyone other than the customer who requested we make the modifications in the first place.

We have tried to look into this and we can ascertain that the company does have a trademark on their company name, however, we haven't used their name or anything like that.

We were also of the understanding that copyright applied to written and recorded works, whereas a patent would be require for a design, which in this industry seems unlikely to be granted as you need to be so specific as to what you are asking to patent.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Hello. When did you start your business. It was hard, how much money and time did you need for this? I just want to create my own business in Israel too, but I don’t know where to start. I recently read this article - https://auditing.co.il/en/ and realized that I could have a lot of problems starting a business in Israel.

Comment

It was so hard!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGHG View Post
        It was so hard!
        I START A COOPERATION WITH THIS COMPANY,AND THERE IS SOMETING SIMILAR TO WHAT YOU ARE going through

Comment

If your competitors have registered brand and certain technology - then it turns out that you violated their rights. You could do more wisely by using IT technology in the workplace. You can automate many processes. To do this, you need to streamline your manufacturing technologies and contact your IT developer
          Next, you'll need to do a tech stack analysis and develop your technology. Do you know the principle of 3D? you can implement a similar project in your production
          The app’s purpose determines what tech stack to apply. openGeeksLab has prepared essential tips on how to choose the ideal mix for your project.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X