• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Liquidation and DLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquidation and DLA

Good morning.

My company we t into liquidation in 2017, I went through a 'friendly' liquidators before I was forced to close.

My issue is now, my wages went through the DLA and now the liquidators a asking for circa £42000, now, I never took any money via paye, I took over the company from domsome else and continued with the same book keeper and she carried on paying through the DLA and not paye.

How can I get around this as my accounts have gone through and can't be ammended for the period in question.

I need help

Thank you
    Tags: None

From your post I assume that for tax efficiency, rather than take a salary, money was drawn down every month but at the end the Directors Loan Account was overdrawn and declared as a dividend.
    This is backdating a dividend, which is not permitted
    Paying dividends means there is less money to satisfy any creditors if the company goes into liquidation.

If that is what happened those dividends may be clawed back by the liquidator as procedures and regulations have not bee complied with.
    I would suggest consulting a clued up accountant for advice, as it would seem you need someone to go over your accounts in some depth to try and sort a solution as it would be beyond advice from a forum such as this

Comment

Yeah I'm just waiting on him calling me back hopefully get something sorted, could I not raise an invoice for wages and counter it?

Comment

Difficult as the invoice would have to be backdated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X