• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Planning permission - mobile food truck in pub car park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning permission - mobile food truck in pub car park

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well,

Firstly just to apologise in advance if this is in the wrong forum - it looked like a suitable place to ask!

I am considering starting a business venture running a mobile catering trailer. One key opportunity is to trade in the car park or grounds of a village pub. I have permission to do so from the landowner. I would be interested in trading there a number of days per week - ideally on a weekly regular schedule - and would look to trade elsewhere where opportunities arise.
    I have been advised that I may need planning permission in order to trade there. From my research, it seems this is a bit of a grey area. I am booked in to meet with the planning department of my local council to discuss my case. Ahead of this, I was hoping someone could clear up a few concerns:

With my limited legal knowledge, my interpretation is that I wouldn't require a change of use since the pub falls within category A4 (drinking establishments) and my business falls in A5 (hot food and takeaway). I don't know whether it matters that my business would be outside the physical pub structure and on the grounds of it instead. Can anyone advise on this?

I am seeking advice now to ensure I am well informed ahead of this meeting and that I don't shoot myself in the foot. For instance, I don't want to give the impression that this is a permanent structure if this is likely to add complications - after all the vehicle is intended to be mobile and respond to other opportunities. However, for convenience, it makes sense for the vehicle to remain in position, or at least on the pub grounds. Can anyone advise here?

In the event that I am required to apply for planning permission, are there any key factors which affect the likelihood of it being accepted?

I hope someone can help me out with any of the above - it would be hugely appreciated. I really look forward to getting this business off the ground!

Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X