• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sub contractor failure causes £2500 repair bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub contractor failure causes £2500 repair bill

Ltd company folded just months after installation as not filed company accounts and failed to issue required gurantee along with failing to pay subscriptions to the 3 bodies supposed to sort issues in event of failure ...only 2 sub contractors did the work no supervision or checking by business owner .... the subcontractor who failed to follow what were very clear installation instructions that he was observed reading and handed to me on completion ...his failure to set things up correctly caused the unit to burn out 2 years later and voided its 12 yr warranty .....Can i sue the sub contractor for the repairs costs as he was not even licensed to do the work either i have discovered via the trade body he belongs to ...they have suggested i should sue him for negligence as he has public liability cover but i am also being told i cant sue the sub contractor because i dont have a contract with him
    Tags: None

I think you are right that you probably cannot sue the sub-contractor. Any chance you paid part or all of the cost of the project on a credit card? Did the contractor have insurance?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X