• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Antivirus - LittleSally

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus - LittleSally

I have been trying to get on my computer for two hours but constantly been blocked by something called Anivirus.
    It tells me my computer is seriously at risk and infected with 41 viruses.
    I could get on to a site but when I went to change where I was it would come up with a blocker asking if I wanted to buy 'antivirus' or not.
    Clicking 'no' did nothing. It stayed on this bloody thing.
    It wanted my bank details so I could buy it, I never give out my bank details online!
    Switching the computer off and on did nothing, it kept coming back.
    In the end I googled 'Antivirus' which surprisingly worked and found a site that told me how to get rid.
    I have cut and pasted the details, which worked for me.
    It may be an idea for anyone reading this, to write it out, keep safe and use it if 'antivirus comes to you!

I just applied a method of getting rid this annoying **** **** so-called XP Anti Virus 2008! By ending process the ANTVRS.EXE (to find it: Start - RUN - type taskmgr - Click OK - You’ll find WINDOWS TASK MANAGER - find item ANTVRS.EXE - Click Right - Click left: end process the ANTVRS.EXE) It works, man!….. BUT, I must say…BUT you must delete the XP Anti Virus 2008 icon immediately! Because it can regenerate itself into its other twin! Make sure you guys, delete that Evil icon in the recycle bin also, ok?

Sally xx
    Last edited by Amethyst; 17th January 2019, 14:17:PM.
    P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
    life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
    Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Re: Antivirus

:tinysmile_aha_t: Is this the very same LittleSally who couldn`t manage to change her icon in the chatroom just over a year ago? Well done Sally, can I also add that you should still run a virus scan on your computer as soon as possible, preferably in Safe Mode. I use AVG and ZoneAlarm.

You may also want to alter your settings in your browser to block out these unwanted popups.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Why thank you Jules lol
      I have come a long way - still type slow tho'
      At first, after two hours of going through clean ups and looking for it in the 'remove/add' bit (it's not there btw) I just burst in to tears!!!
      I have McAfee, how did it get past?
      Even running a scan with McAfee didn't find anything,
      Sally xx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Because in my opinion McAfee is absolute crap.

I`m going to move this thread into Online Security & IT Advice Forum Sally.

If you have a read of Pkea`s guides and follow his advice you wont go too far wrong. He and a few others on here know much more about it than myself.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: Antivirus - LittleSally

OMG a foreign language there CB
          I will really try, but I think my brain will just turn off. Or explode!
          Sally xx

Comment

Sally, if Sappy and Enaid can follow it you'll be fine

Comment

For a Screen Shot press the ALT and Prnt Screen buttons

Nothing happens when I do that, so I tried to cut and paste whats there but it wouldn't let me
              Sally x

Comment

Sally, you need to read the whole piece.
                That's just the first part

ALT + Print Screen takes the picture you then need to paste it into something else.

Comment

I know I am going to sound dumb!!!
                  ......... But how do I attach the word doc?
                  Sally x

Comment

When you click "reply to post" use the paper clip to browse to where you have saved the file and attach it using that.

Comment

Well I have tried that several times, but it appears to time out.
                      Going to watch the film - Fightplan and listen to the girl yelling in the street she's going to kill someone!! Hope it's not my daughter, doesn't sound like her but you never know lol
                      All fun around here.
                      Will do all this when I have time tomorrow evening.
                      Thanks CB and Amy
                      Sally xx

PS Jules I am trying lol
                      Last edited by littlesally; 26th July 2008, 21:48:PM. Reason: PS to Jules

Comment

Sally, you can always mail it over to me and I'll post the adjustments.

curlyben@gmail.com

Comment

thanks for that Sall, I've attached the update.
                          Delete everything that's grey'd out and also the ones I have marked in red.

I've found the main cause of your problem, BearShare.
                          Like Limewire and Kazzaa, this is one of the worst P2P applications to use.
                          The networks have become so infested with malware and junk as to make them unusable !!

On the Uninstall Tab on CCleaner, get rid of Bearshare, Bearfix, MyWebSearch, Antivirus2008.

I aslo recomend removing Spyware doctor as you already use Spybot which is measurable better.
                          Last edited by Curlyben; 27th July 2008, 22:02:PM.

Comment

I got rid of this virus by downloading spyware terminator it's brilliant!

Explained it all OTR

Catcha soon Sal

Comment

I think I may have to try and sort my pc out now there's a resident online expert to hand curly! lol....I even resorted to buying a laptop cos I couldn't get my desktop running any quicker, and stop it booting me offline all the time!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X