• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stopping NHS GP from sharing data with a third party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping NHS GP from sharing data with a third party

Hello,
    My last landlady only agreed to let me provided I registered with the GP surgery she 'worked with' and signed a form authorising them to share all my data with her. She also tried to make me sign forms giving her Power of Attorney for medical decisions and financial decisions but I was able to refuse... because I had already nominated Attorneys several years ago, when I was diagnosed with cancer (I am in good wealth but I don't come from a 'nice' family and knew from experience that I needed to nominate attorneys, make a will and make a living will and choose a palliative care unit BEFORE my health deteriorated). I had been struggling to find somewhere to live for several years, due to the cancer (which has made it a lot more difficult for me to find work) and this was the only 'help' the council had offered me, it was November and I didn't fancy spending the winter on the street, so I signed the forms, under duress.
    That landlady made my life hell, increasing the rent, terrorising me, dropping several times a week, banging on the door etc. so I eventually moved out. I am now living in a backpackers' hostel, while trying to find f/t work (I am registered with several agencies but they don't offer me enough work to earn the minimum salary as they are concerned about my health, and I don't ever want to try to apply for benefits or get help with housing ever again).
    I refused to visit the GP she had forced me to register with and am now considering registering with a different GP surgery near where I live, however, first, I want to 'annul' the authorisation to share my medical data with the landlady. I don't trust the GP that woman 'works with' at all (they contacted me by email to try and book an appointment with her, for a cervical smear test... She was very concerned about my 'sexual health' and about 'contraception'). How do I go about this? I also want to stop the NHS sharing my data with anyone (I found the relevant form online) as the cancer I was diagnosed with (i.e. the subtype of cells) isn't common and that would enable people with a bit of know-how to identify me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X