• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refunds of Penalty fees/charges caused by PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refunds of Penalty fees/charges caused by PPI

May I please seek some advice regarding the position regarding charges and penalties incurred as a result of PPI wrongly included in a loan.

I have received payment in, Jan 2012, from Lloyds that, it was alleged, refunded the premiums paid with interest. This was, of course, via FOS and Lloyds claimed that it was in line with the proceedures required by FOS.

During the lifetime of the loan I struggled to make ends meet compounded by the myriad charges and penalties applied as a result of keeping up the ppi payments and interest. My spreadsheet indicates that these charges would not have occured but for the cost of the PPI. The difference between what should have been in my account and the amount recorded by Lloyds on my statements was huge.

Since then these quotes have surfaced:
    "If a fee is the result of the mis-sold PPI, it should be given back, and if it's not included, that would be a mistake," said Principal Ombudsman Caroline Wayman
    "If there are penalty fees or charges that arise from the mis-sale of the original PPI, then they should be refundable," said Clive Adamson, the FCA's director of supervision.

My question is simply, can I claim the difference between what was offered as "a goodwill gesture without admission of liability" and what should have been paid according to the FOS and FCA?

No, I did not accept or sign anything that said "Full and Final Settlement"!!
    Any suggestions or advice welcome. Many thanks

DumbAssRottie
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X