• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclays PPI claim - claim closed due to lack of information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays PPI claim - claim closed due to lack of information

So, out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, I decided to do the on-line PPI claim for an old Egg card account (long settled and closed) which has been bugging me on and off for years. I fill out the form as best I could, given that I didn't have access to all the data (it's squirrelled away in the loft) at the time but I supplied my name, address, the account number that was on the, the approximate dates of tenure of the account and who I worked for at the time.

Yesterday, a letter came back from Barclays saying they are closing the claim due to lack of information about any Egg account I had. Jeez, what else do they need? What have I missed out? The form did, if I recall, ask for an 'account reference', which I didn't have. All I had was the card number. There may be other docs in the loft relating to the card but all I have on the laptop should have sufficed, I would have thought.

When I was in financial straits back in 2006, an Egg card account analyst treated me in the most appalling and condescending manner in a telephone call and I've never forgotten about it. Any recompense from Barclays would go some way to burying that episode for good!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X