• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need CCJ Help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need CCJ Help please!

I have discovered that a ccj has been registered against me, after paperwork was sent to a previous address that I vacated 12 months earlier. The first notification I had of the judgement was that I received a suspension of attachment of earnings order at my new address after my employer provided the claimant with my address. I have spoken to the claimant who has confirmed that they had my correct email address and telephone number and they do not know why no contact was made via these methods before making application to the court. Also I have been on the electoral roll since moving into my current address in march 2015. I have agreed settlement with the claimant so that they do not proceed with the attachment of earnings order but I would like to make an application to set the judgement aside on the grounds that I never received any correspondence and would have dealt with it immediately if I had received it. Even if the first notification I had received was the judgement then I would have settled it within the first month. Is there any realistic chance of succeeding with this application, particularly on the basis I will be settling the debt? It will have a serious impact if it remains on my record. Would there alternatively be any option to remove via consent order if the claimant consented at this stage?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X