• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New member just to say hello and some details :0)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member just to say hello and some details :0)

Hello

So Ive received a court claim from Hoist Holdings. This is what I have done so far... and would appreciate input

Firstly thankyou for the site. I have followed the basic steps outlined in the court claim forum.

1. I acknowledged the claim and ticked the box asking for 28 days and also the box expressing I would be defending in full
    2. Sent letter to Claimants request for a CCA
    3. Sent CPR request to Solicitors

I received the court claim letter on Sat 8th Jan it was dated 7th Jan. It has taken me till today 13th to start the ball rolling etc. I acknowledged the court letter today 13th.

1. Is it safe to assume the 28 days deadline will be 28 days from the 7th (when the calim was dated) which will be 4th Feb 2016?

2. At what point (4th Feb or sooner) do I contact the court or who do I contact If I do not recieve any of these requests for Default notice and Agreement/Contract from solicitors...plus CCA .

Some side details... I am a worrier and it has occurred to me that bugger it I should just pay they cannot have more than £10 -£20 a month off me anyway due to my earnings and outgoings... just for an easy life you know. The debt in question was built up way back in and around 2009 - 2011 ish. Although the credit card was in my name at the time I did consider it a joint thing as it was used for holiday etc which my then husband was happy enough to take advantage of but despite promises to sort it and help in past... he has not and here I am. I did try when we split up and I had to move... I did try to contact these debts.. after advice etc from CAB I sent letters/documents showing that I was on job seekers and my outgoings were ....?? etc and could only afford to pay £1 a month. They chose to ignore this and went on to sell the debt on.... I am worried sick but I try to think I cant pay what I I haven't got.
    Thankyou for reading x
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X