• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Black Horse secured loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse secured loan

Hi, going to cut a long story short. I took out a BH secured loan on a 60 month agreement, due to end in Sept this year.. about a year into the agreement, I ran into trouble and missed a couple of payments but then paid more off the monthly repayments and going forward never missed any until late 2013.. this happened due to the fact that I called BH with a view to early settlement on the agreement. Thinking I only had roughly 24 months left on the agreement, I was less than amused to hear them tell me I still had over 30 months left to pay due to my "payment holidays" !! I wasn't even aware that this was an option on the agreement. I asked for full details and written proof as to why this had taken place. The female advisor told me that a further 6 months had been added to my account due to the "payment holiday arrears" on the account. I questioned how they could just add on 6 month's to my account without my consent, I asked to speak to a manager and they confirmed this was the case and it was correct and nothing could be done about it now !!! I questioned how they could add it but NOT remove it !!
    She said they would look into it and contact me with the details as to how and why this had happened. Of course this never took place and rightly or wrongly, I withheld payments (in my mind to make them sit up and take notice) as nothing else seemed to be working. Then about 4 months later, after numerous calls and letters, they conceded that they did not know who had added the months on or when, as there were no notes left on the system to this effect., they said as a show of goodwill they would remove the added interest on the account for the 6 added months (which was roughly £1,360) which they did and I have written confirmation to this effect. I also have a letter dated Feb, 2014 stating that if I continued to make the regular payments on time and not miss any before the end of the term of the agreement, they would remove the 6 months in full and the agreement would end as scheduled. This I accepted as I had it in writing and to be honest had grown tired of the argument over it. I thought that it would end in Sept this year as the letter said, as I have had no further missed payments. Then in May this year, I received a letter from BH to say that they no longer were running this style of loan and that a company called SKYE Loans had in fact bought the loan and now all dealings would be with them with new account number etc.. I was given just 1 weeks notice, with a standard letter. I then got a letter with the balance from BH that was bought by Skye Loans and it still had the added 6 months on there. I called Skye loans re the agreement with BH over the 6 months to be removed in Sept, 15. They had no knowledge of this agreement and as far as they were concerned I still have 9 months outstanding and not 6. So I called BH and of course they were not really bothered since the loan is not theirs anymore and they have been paid for it. I sent them a letter with a copy of the letter from them, with the agreement for the removal on it and asked them to, in effect get it sorted out. They have since sent me a letter to say I need to send to proof that they said they would do this (as I said I sent them a copy of their letter with this in it) so they have ignored the confirmation letter and now I don't know what to do or who with. Should BH have sold this account on if there were ongoing issues on it ? How do I get them to acknowledge the letter, if they have already ignored it once. If Skye own the loan are they responsible or is it still BH ? Plus I should owe(if you take the added 6 months into account) £2250, but the balance is £4450 !! I have previously requested SARs from BH but they keep just sending me annual statements. Payments to them from my bank do not add up to the payments they say they have received, me paying more than they say. I am totally lost now, especially, with it going over to this SKYE Loan company. Do I have a good case for the "unfair relationship" or an "e-stoppell" to hold up in court. I'm sorry this post has been so long, but thought you would need the full facts. Can anyone help me or just give me some pointers please. Many thanks in advance, I really need some help ASAP. I am continuing to make the payments to SKYE Loans.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X