• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some advice on a very old better - if someone could help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice on a very old better - if someone could help?

All.

Thank you in advance for any advice that can set my mind at ease.

Over the past 12 months while lurking on this forum I have been writing to "Capquest" a debt collection agency.

A long story short - I had a credit card which in 2008 I could not pay. I started a debt mangement plan in September 2008 and made a minimum payment to the CC company (Lloyds Bank) via the DMP company. The payments to the DMP continued until April 2009 and I then moved abroad and for one reason and another I stopped paying.

I returned to the UK in April 2013 and in August 2014 Capquest started to write to me. I believe they found me thorugh my Bank (?)
    Anyway, I looked through this forum and sent a request with standard postal order fee for £1 for a copy of the original credit agreement T & C's and statement of payments etc at the end of September 2014.

In October 2014 I recieved a copy of a credit agreement with my signature and dated April 2007 but when i examined the Credit Card Agreement terms I saw that under the heading "Parties" my name was there with my old address and the other party was Halifax plc and on page 9 there was a second copy of page 1 and on this was also the "Parties" IE: Me but at a different address (which i lived at 2 years after taking out the agreement) and under the other "Parties " it said Royal Bank of Scotland. Naturally I wondered how this constituted a true copy of the original agreement if my address was not where i lived when signing the agreement.

I queried this with Capquest ( November 2014) and this week I received a repy to my letter seeking clarification.
    They said
    " The address on the copy of the agreement is Bank's address where the account was opened. The address on the terms and conditions is the default address where the account would be registered to " I moved to the second address 2 years after taking out the credit card. I am not satisfied with that answer and wondered whether anyone would care to comment = Please?

Lastly, the statements of the account show that the last payment made through the DMP was 15 April 2009. As I have the ongoing query, which i dont believe has been answered satisfactory and i have made no acknowledgement of the debt other than to query which agreement they felt they were claiming repayment on. Plus no payment have been made since 15 April 2009, Is this now statute barred ?

Thanks in anticipation of your valued advice.

Ordinary Bloke
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X