• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old catalogue debt/CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old catalogue debt/CCJ

Hi,

I hope this is the correct place,

I had a catalogue debt that spiralled and eventually turned into a ccj. This happened so long ago that the ccj has been and gone from my credit files. (Summer 2016 ccj was filed)

In 2021 I approached the company who took out the ccj with a full and final payment offer on the basis that would be the end of the matter. They emailed back confirming this would ok also including this "Once the discounted payment has been received in cleared funds on time, this will bring this matter to a close and the Principal Balance will no longer be pursued."

Today I recieved a letter from the debt company that sold on the debt to the company that took out the CCJ asking me to pay the original balance (I hope this makes sense)

Can this company enforce this debt after they sold it on? Should I ignore the letter? If I should contact them, how best to do so without acknowleding the debt?

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X