• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statute barred debt confirmation please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute barred debt confirmation please

Firstly, thank you for all the info on here. It's really been helpful in fighting my corner and clearing my name following fraud. However, I still have Lowell insisting on chasing one debt which EE are insisting is mine (it's not). Apart from the apparent initial contract, they have nothing that links me to the account. Someone opened the EE account in my name, took out a load of phone contracts, paid nominal amounts from somewhere else (not my account) registered an address for somewhere else (not my address) and continued to use the contract, pay a bit presumably to allow additional mobiles to be added then stopped paying and racked up the debt.

Initial contract was 2014, Lowell haven't provided me with any signed contract or any evidence of the account opening. They contacted me 3 years ago, there was a bit of back and forth and they largely have left me alone since until now. I can't get any information out of them or EE because EE are suggesting they can't give me any information as they can't verify me on the account. It's just ridiculous that Lowell are chasing me for this but EE won't even provide me with anything.

Anyway, Lowell said the account was disconnected in Sept 2018 with the last payment being March 2018 (I can't verify this)

So my query is, at what point would this become statute barred?
    6 years from start of contract - which I haven't seen but believe to be 2014
    6 years from last payment
    6 years from disconnection
    6 years from another date
    It doesn't because it falls under something else and I've misunderstood

Second question, Lowell's latest correspondence has inaccurate details but appears to be lining up as a position statement. Is there anything that I should or should not say to them at this stage as I feel as if they will hit the court button if I don't respond and they will hit the court button if I do.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X