• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dealing with the council tax and CCJ - How can I get back on track with my life!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with the council tax and CCJ - How can I get back on track with my life!

Hi all,

just wanted to say its fantastic to find this forum and people helping each other. I don't want to bore you with my personal life but very brief id like to explain about myself. For 6 years now I would say I have been trapped in a poverty cycle of benefits with no means of escape. 2 years ago I took the choice to try break the poverty cycle by doing something with my life. I chose to save all my benefits and stop paying council tax to save to pay for lessons to drive a HGV to get myself out of poverty. I am pleased to say 3 months ago I passed and then got a job that pays more that the minimum wage. I have been able to get my hair cut, few cloths and some nice headphones just feels great to get paid ! I understand I should always pay my council tax but this was the only way out this poverty cycle.

During this 6 year poverty cycle I have managed to get myself into debt with Council tax and a parking CCJ. My next step is to get out of this flat and into a property away from the drugs and gangs etc...

I have over the years to stop debt collectors tried to make plans with the council to pay these arrears for about 3 properties I have been in during the 7 years. I have tried to be proactive in emailing the council and to explain when I was on benefits sometimes I could not afford the payments and realistically was member going to be able maintain them. I have asked them to wipe my previous debts and let me pay my council tax from now.

As I now have a job I have lost all my benefits which I am fine with, however I don't have enough money to pay my current council tax and arrears. they rejected my offer of £1 per month off the arrears and told me they would be pushing for a liability order. is there anything I can do to precent this and have a judge or human look at my case and understand I don't have the money to pay off arrears and council tax. by working I have new bills such as transport and other costs. I am glad I am working and have given myself a career but feel like I'm stuck again fighting bailiffs off. What I am after is a clean slate. Council advisor over email was not helpful, felt like was bullying me.

my second problem is again the council. I borrowed my dads car for a return to work meeting at the job centre the meeting lasted longer than expected, overstayed on the car park ANPR got me and Was issued a parking ticket. At the time the letter went to my dads who works over seas so I never got the letter I have just ended up with a CCJ from them, Why this breaks my heart is the letting company won't let to me with any CCJ against my name. Is there anything I can do to remove this. I did go over the time so I can't argue that but id like to have the chance to pay the fine.

Thanks all for your help.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X