• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Write offs/irresponsible lending and health issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write offs/irresponsible lending and health issues

I’m not sure if I have a case here so .. here I am!

I’ve had ever increasing debt for a number of years, a couple of arrangements and quite a few late payments. My credit score has always been ‘fair’ at best.

I have diagnosed mental health issues which means I can be very erratic with spending, no real planning skills etc.. very forgetful with payments etc.

I have a £3k overdraft with Halifax that I am always in to the max, and 2 years ago I got a large loan through them online which was an instant acceptance. I’m now struggling to repay this woth
    other debts as I have had to leave work due to my health.

I have asked if this can be written off due to my health reasons (I have sent a DMHEF form from my psychiatrist) and they called me and asked if I wanted this to be viewed as irresponsible lending also.

I said yes as my account management at this time and always has been erratic. The ins/outs are 4 x more than my actual salary was at the time every month and though my income I stated was correct.. my spending was a disaster.

would this be a possible successful claim? As my bank,
    they of course can see all my transactions, seeing £000’s in PayPal transactions in and out and so forth for example and also my credit report shows I’ve always been near the limit in all my cards at that time.

I’m fully prepared to enter an IVA, and im not just trying to scam this away. I just cannot afford these now not working and my deb juggling has gotten to a point of no return. I’m currently seeking other benefits/medical retirement options.. but of course if I can write it off.. it will help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X