• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim restriction on land registry - options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim restriction on land registry - options

Hi there,

I would really appreciate some advice on this matter. I own a house with my ex-partner.

In 2013 a restriction was placed by a bank for an unsecured loan I had taken out but defaulted in 2012 due to bad personal and financial circumstances. The restriction is against my name only and I’ve included the wording below. Circumstances have since got better. The outstanding loan was for 15000 for university fees.

My ex-partner is keen to sell and I’m happy to oblige however my concerns are:

1) what impact does the restriction have on me relating to the sale and/or post sale. Particularly as I would like to buy another property in the future and would need my share of the capital from the sale to do so.

2) as the restriction was placed in 2013...is there any possibility of having the restriction removed and if so is there a period of time I must wait before I can do so? If we don’t sell in the near future I would like to see if I could have the restriction removed. It states it is still an interim order.

I have made no communication with the bank since although letters have been sent.

RESTRICTION wording:
    01.2013: no disposition of the registered estate other than a disposition by the proprietor of any registered charge registered before the entry of this restriction is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to (bank details); being the person with the benefit of an interim charging order on the beneficial interest of (my details) made by the county court on 11th jan 2013.

There is no other relevant charge on the property except that of the mortgage itself.

Thank you very much in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X