• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stroppy Email to Debt Collector (Just for Fun)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroppy Email to Debt Collector (Just for Fun)

I had a letter today from a collections agency about debt for old water charges. Below is how I responded, just for (mild) entertainment purposes mainly, but it does raise the minor issue of unnecessary requests for date of birth, which many organisations want but few are entitled to.

'I got your letter dated 4/8/19 today. As advised I rang the number to discuss. Your agent refused to continue the call without me providing him my date of birth, which I ain't gonna do.

Therefore I consider this matter closed and don't expect to hear from you again.

Also please ensure that none of your agents are ever instructed to visit the property where I live as all implied rights of access have now been withdrawn for any and all representatives, employees and agents of OPOS, which includes any third party receiving instructions from you. This means that any entry on to the property will be aggravated trespass and force may be used in such circumstances to remove any offenders.

In addition to this you say you are collecting a debt for someone else, but I don't believe you. I've never heard of you and you could just be making it up for all I know - you haven't provided any proof.

Bye
    M D'
    Last edited by samsmoot; 9th August 2019, 19:01:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X